Win a “Passage to Rejuvenation” in our gorgeous Garden Villas – for refined travellers seeking an escape from the hustle and bustle of the main beaches on Koh Samui – The Passage Samui Resort on secluded Laem Yai beach is truly paradise found.
The competition will open from Oct 26th 2010 and close on the 31st November 2010.
The final voting to select the winner will happen during December with the winners being announced on December 23rd 2010.
The theme of the competition in keeping with our own resort philosophy of providing a truly passionate experience for all our guests is ‘Holiday Passion’.
Passion and travel go hand in hand to create lingering memories. Amazing places, enthralling encounters, whatever passions you experienced. The challenge is to capture it in an instant.
All entries will be judged by a panel of judges who will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the theme and the commercial appeal of the photographs. The panel will choose 6 finalist images that will be voted on in Stage 2
Website visitors will be invited to vote for the finalist they like the best and the winner will be chosen by the most number of votes gained online.
To enter, simply upload your photographs and completely fill out the online form here:
Please ensure all fields are filled in appropriately with details of your entry.
The Legal Stuff
You may use digital manipulation to optimise an image but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition.
Composite or montage images, from more than one original image, are not eligible.
The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the judges, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person’s art.
- Entrants can submit one photo, in colour or black and white.
- Employees of The Passage Samui, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 21 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
- The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
- In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the viewers’ vote, the judges shall have the final decision. If the viewers’ vote results in a tie, the judges shall have the casting vote. The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the The Passage Samui reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if the The Passage Samui has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
- The Passage Samui reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Passage Samui reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
Copyright in all images submitted to the competition, including winning entries, will remain with the photographer.
The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organizers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements and own the rights to reproduction of their images. Entries that do not fulfil these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the prize must be returned or refunded by the entrant. Entrants agree to fully indemnify the Passage Samui and employees in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of the entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
The organisers and sponsors reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition of entered images in all media, but only in connection with this competition. Where image reproduction is unrelated to the awards then permission and a fee will be agreed with the photographer in advance.
Limitation of Liability
By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless The Passage Samui and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
Furthermore the organisers are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any on-line entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Contest.
Participants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if he/she wins The Passage Samui may use the winning photographs and each winner’s name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval.
This competition will be governed by Thailand law and the entrant submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Thailand courts.
This competition is administered by the The Passage Samui.