Visit KohSamui’s most eco-friendly resort
When you visitThe Passage Samui Villas & Resort, you are visiting one of the most green-friendly vacation resorts on KohSamui. In honor of our beautiful natural surroundings, we are committed to environmentally-sustainable operations throughout the resort, and take great care to minimize the impact of all resort policies on KoSamui island.
Our key green-friendly features include:
- The Green Heart Program is targeted at educating The Passage Samui guests and staff to ensure that everyone conserves energy and natural resources wherever appropriate
- Waste recycling programs
- Green-friendly staff initiatives
- Strict adherence to all environmental rules and regulations
- Recording and tracking of all environmental activities to ensure maximum productivity
- Financing special projects and educational programs to help the local community understand more about conservation
On 31st March 2014 The Passage Samui Villas & Resort donated 3 table Fans and a cash sum of 5,760 THB to MonkolThepajan Wat Jaeng วัดแจ้ง by Tossawas Charity Fond Join Program Summer Novice Ordination
WHY DONATE TO A TEMPLE?
Usually in Buddhist Thailand donations are given to Monks and Temples as a form of thanks for the religious services they provide for the local community. Monks can not own any possessions however they are allowed to have robes, shoes, hygienic products and a few essentials. The temple actually own these possessions but let the monks use them for the time that they are at the temple. Everything that the temple owns for the monks have been donated by the public as a making merit gift. To make merit (Tham Boon) is said to help you in all aspects of your life such as health, money and a good luck in life.
A usual donation would be a medical kit or a supply of essentials such as candles, toothbrush and matches, there are many packs you can choose from and they are available in most supermarkets and mini-marts. Monks receive food from the local vendors early in the morning in return for a daily prayer.
WHERE WAS THE DONATION?
Wat Jaeng วัดแจ้ง. The temple is a wonderfully designed temple located in Nathon, The temple has a local school attached to it. The front of the temple has a large Buddha statue in the seated Pang Prathanporn position. There are 2 large statues next to the Buddha that are green and gold in colour, the Buddha has a raised hand with an upturned palm. Location: Nathon.
4169 Ring Road, Moo 3, Ang Thong, Koh Samui, Suratthani 84140, Thailand •
+66 (0) 77421224
WHO RECEIVED THE DONATION?
MonkolThepajan Abbot of Jeang Temple
WHAT WAS DONATED?
3 table Fans and a cash sum of 5,760 THB.
WHEN WAS THE DONATION?
31st March 2014
The Passage Samui Villas & Resort
57/ 6-7 Moo 5
Phone: +66 77 421 721
Do YOU WANT TO BECOME A MONK?
Here is a quick guide to becoming a monk.
- Devote yourself to the religion.
- Decide which Temple order you would like to join.
- Visit a local Temple to learn about it and what is expected.
- Become a beginner at the temple.
- Take the temporary vows if you are invited to remain.
- Take permanent vows if you are fully committed.
The Passage Samui is an active participant in the WatSamuttharam School’s Low Carbon project.
Training and educating students and teachers in environmental issues
Encouraging green activities at the school such as:
- Garbage recycling
- Energy conservation
- Water conservation and wastewater treatment
- Purchasing environmentally sound products
- Chemical management
- Sponsoring regular beach cleanups and tree-planting days